If Conducttr tells you that there might be a problem with your email forwarding settings, or if the character is not receiving incoming email, follow the steps below:
- Make sure you have correctly set up the email forwarding. Check for spelling mistakes in the email address that you provided to Conducttr and in the Conducttr address you entered into the forwarding settings.
- If you are using a custom domain and have just configured it, it may take a few minutes (sometimes hours) for the DNS changes to take effect. For example, even if you've owned the domain for awhile but just now wired it up to an email system like Google Apps, Zoho, GoDaddy, or others, it may take up to a few hours for the new email domain to start working properly and consistently.
- If you are using Gmail or Google Apps, there is a 2-step process. After giving Gmail the internal email address for Conducttr, you need to reload the settings page in your web browser, reopen the forwarding settings, and confirm that you want to initiate forwarding by clicking "Confirm Forwarding". Note: starting June 1, 2016, it will no longer be possible at all to use @gmail.com accounts with Conducttr (a custom domain with Google Apps is separate and is okay to use).
- If you are using Outlook.com (same as Live.com or Hotmail.com), setting up email forwarding requires you to first "verify" your Microsoft account by essentially proving that you are a real person. This is a one-time process, so if you have already verified the account, then you do not need to do it again. The verification involves receiving a text message with a code that you would enter into the verification page of the Microsoft account. Afterwards, it may also take some time for the verification to take effect, so you may need to come back at a later time to finish activating the email forwarding.
- If you received an error only once (e.g. this was your first try), wait a few minutes and click "Continue" one more time to see if it works on the second try. Some email providers, like Zoho, may take several minutes to process forwarding emails, including the sample email that Conducttr sends to verify the forwarding setup. Conducttr waits a limited amount of time before giving up and assuming that forwarding simply does not work. During your second try, it is possible that Conducttr will receive the sample email from the first try, and the process will succeed.
- If Conducttr still fails to verify email forwarding, try deleting the email address inside Conducttr and creating it again.
- If the problem persists, please contact us for assistance by submitting a support request and providing: the name of your project, details about the character's email address, and exactly where the problem occurs.